Selita Ebanks Earns Her Wings as Victoria’s Secret’s Newest Earthbound Angel

Selita Ebanks Selita Ebanks Selita Ebanks
Izabel Goulart, Selita Ebanks, Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Karolina Kurkova, Gisele Bundchen

Preparing for my interview with Selita Ebanks, I couldn't imagine what I would discuss with a Victoria's Secret Model or what we would have in common. I fancy myself as someone who uses my mind and my creativity to earn a living, often putting my appearance on the back burner these days. As one of Victoria's Secret's newest contract models (since 2005), Selita's life has been a non-stop whirlwind of over-the-top runway shows, personal appearances and glamorous photo shoots where she often wears little more than pieces of strategically placed silk and lace.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that Selita and I had quite a bit in common, including a love of writing and a shared passion for community service and charitable works. Selita Ebanks is an exotic beauty of Caymanian, Jamaican, Irish and Indian descent. Often described as the logical successor to Tyra Banks, Selita insists that their African American heritage, exotic looks and similar last names are simply a serendipitous coincidence and that she just so happened to become initiated into Victoria's Secret angeldom as Tyra Banks was transitioning out of the modeling world for a career in television.

Selita Ebanks and I had a great time talking about her tomboyish nature, the result of being the only girl among seven brothers, the powerful experience of helping others with her non-profit organization in her native Cayman Islands, and feeling beautiful and sexy inside and out.

Oh yeah… Selita shares her turn ons and turn offs when it comes to men, and the qualities she looks for in potential suitors, for the overly inquisitive male reader…|source|

more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive