Centerpiece thoughts

Every once in awhile, I have woken up recently obsessed with our centerpieces. Or it's flower girl dresses. Or it's finding a dress that fits me. Regardless, an obsession grabs me and I can't shake it. So I've been overthinking our centerpieces. I oscillate between two main thoughts:

1. Flowers
2. Dead things

Flowers:
(source)
Using these:

(source)
Pros:
Pretty
Colorful
Can just ask florist to bulk order $100 of burgundy and orange flowers or hypericum berries and some flower
Can get vases from ikea.

Cons:
Somebody has to fill the vases with water and put them on the tables and it's not gonna be me.
This one stressed out my FMIL.

Dead things:
(source)

Using these:
(source)

Pros:
Easy! Can set these up WEEKS in advance and just have somebody pull them out of a box and put them on the tables.
The glass vases are less than half the price of the white vases.
I have a friend with a farm family. She might have some extra wheat.

Cons:
Not very colorful (can solve with ribbon or colored dried twiggy things. Or celosia.)
I might want to put small rocks in them. Disaster waiting to happen. Pretty sure they will break.
Have to order wheat. This made me feel overwhelmed, but then I found dried flowers 'r us and was happy. Plus they have extra colorful dead things.
Can't find vases in stock at local ikea.

Surely one of you will say "why don't you just combine the two and have awesome wheat and flowers in vases?" I was thinking about that, especially when I remembered that celosia is really cool looking, comes in our colors, and is in season in October. But still, which vases? Taller? Shorter? Cheaper? Cuter?

I also am tempted by these nifty vases I saw in the bathroom at Irvine. Not weird at all....


It's got wheat, dried curly twiggy things, and bright green and red grasses in a mason jar with river rocks and tied with raffia. They're a little tall, but we could have fewer of them than the little vases, since they are substantial, and less work appeals to me. I return to the "we are not mason jar rustic canning type people" debate we had months ago, but you know what kind of people we are? Cheap and easy. That's right.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive